When Victor goes by himself up into the snowy mountains he unexpectedly runs into the monster he had created. As their conversation ensues I find myself feeling more empathetic towards the monster than Victor. The monster all but falls to his knees and pleads to his creator to love him yet the only emotion he recieves is pure hatred from the man who is supposed to have more humanity than he does. Victor, who was already becoming an increasingly bothersome charac
ter, is, in my opinion, even less of a human than the supposedly ugly and heartless monster. Though before I still had hope that he would end his egotistical rants, I now believe it is part of Shelley's message to leave him as is. So as the monster relates his whereabouts to Victor in the coming chapters, I will find it very surprising if Victor changes his mind about the creator he himself created.-Sapir L.
No comments:
Post a Comment